Just Us

This is a blog about Jeetu & myself...i know that seems so narcissist, but really - it just feels so good to write about "us"! We've been married for over a year now (D-day: 8th April, 2004), but we still have individual hysterical moments of 'i can't BELIEVE we're married' We're currently living in Hyderabad, India (pretty far from our friends & family) and continue to discover the ups & downs of being on our own, in a strange city:-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India

I'm a thirty-something woman, married to the most wonderful man on Earth. He’s kind, understanding, generous & loving (and sorry girls - there's only one of him) My life, ofcourse, is dedicated to making HIS, miserable - just something us "women in their 30's" do!

Monday, January 31, 2022

Re-connecting with an old flame…

 It’s been a long long time since I lost touch… years really. It’s not like I’ve forgotten… more like I’ve moved on. 

But my husband insisted that I get in touch with an old love. 

Do I even want to? Do I want to read between the lines and imagine answers to unasked questions? Do I want to have my own private world where the boundaries between my imagination and real life start to blur? Do I want to get so involved again that I forget to eat and sleep... That I get carried away with my thoughts and immerse myself so completely that I lose a little bit of myself every night. Do I really want to play with fire?

And what kind of husband does that anyway? Especially when he knows that if I walk down that road again, he may risk losing me… 

But he insisted. And so I did.

Re-connect. Re-visit. Re-discover.

I took the plunge and even if he changes his mind now, there’s no turning back.  It’s too late… He should have thought it through before insisting.

I re-acquainted myself with my old love… my love for reading… my love for books… maybe even my love for writing…❤️

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home