Just Us

This is a blog about Jeetu & myself...i know that seems so narcissist, but really - it just feels so good to write about "us"! We've been married for over a year now (D-day: 8th April, 2004), but we still have individual hysterical moments of 'i can't BELIEVE we're married' We're currently living in Hyderabad, India (pretty far from our friends & family) and continue to discover the ups & downs of being on our own, in a strange city:-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India

I'm a thirty-something woman, married to the most wonderful man on Earth. He’s kind, understanding, generous & loving (and sorry girls - there's only one of him) My life, ofcourse, is dedicated to making HIS, miserable - just something us "women in their 30's" do!

Monday, December 19, 2005

....hum bhi agar bachhe hote....duniya gaati "heppy burday to uuuu"


Husband’s birthday FINALLY came & went….whew!! Now I can breathe a sigh of relief! Why, you may ask??? I’ve had to keep my mouth shut about his “very very secret” birthday present for over 2 months now, and I was almost ready to explode with the effort!

But the event went off beautifully, even if I do say so, myself! The evening began with a dinner reservation at the ‘kebab-e-bahaar’ at the Taj Banjara, a delicious kebab platter followed by the most yummy black forest cake (Jeetu ACTUALLY managed to polish off the ENTIRE cake by himself by the next afternoon). Each gift was individually wrapped & presented with a flourish at night - he absolutely loved his gifts and the expression on his face was TOTALLY worth the effort:-) We celebrated D-day itself with a surprise party for both, Jeetu & Gaurav (who share a birthday) and both were given this long spiel (by their respective wives – myself & Preeti) that the “surprise” was for the other! It was good fun – and I was most proud of my cooking some of the khaana (without help, please note) Good, good fun!!!

But there were 2 things we both missed a LOT – our family, and our old friends!!! Kunnu, Rupak, Veepsa, Vicks, Charu, Rabs, Amit, Deepti.....where ARE you???:-(

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ambica,

Ragav here :) Have been trying to reach you via work and personal hotmail accounys but it seems you are out ?

My mum is ion Dehli till end of the month and would love to catch up with your folks.

Can you send me an email please.

Ragav

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home